Swell Hair, Swell Makeup, Swell Skin, Swell Style, Swell Smells, Swell Fitness, and Swell Guys.

Friday, June 4, 2010

Swell Style: Shorts & A First Date Top

I picked up some cute new things at Forever21 in the past week. I find shopping to at Forever21 to be a hit and miss proposition. The pieces are cute and inexpensive, so it's an easy way to add some trendy pieces to your wardrobe. Unfortunately, you might have to dry clean those inexpensive pieces, which makes them not so inexpensive in the long run. Or the items might not be very well made. Always check an item carefully before taking it up to the counter - check the seams, especially the underarms, and make sure that they are no snags or rips. If you find a problem later, then you are pretty much screwed because Forever21's return policy is not a good one.


One of the items that does hold up well and is well worth the money - the denim items. My girls like their skinny jeans and I like the denim shorts. I bought two pairs from the Faith 21 plus size line. Forever21 starts their plus size line at size 12.

I currently wear a size 14, so their XL fits me well. I purchased both the Denim Bermuda shorts and the Distressed Denim Shorts, both for $19.80. The Bermudas run XL to 3X and the Distressed shorts are 12-18. Both shorts are cute and comfy. The Distressed pair stretches out a bit, so go with a good fit, they will loosen within an hour. Another tip - don't dry the Distressed jeans in the dryer. Drying in the dryer will make the distressed area fray faster. Pull them out of the wash, lay them over the back of a chair, and let them air dry.



Another item that I picked up was the Feathered Capsleeve Top. It's so cute!! I wanted something new to wear on a first date and this top was perfect. It's light and flowy, with ruffles and a cute fit. The V-neck runs much lower than the model's top in the photo. She's totally covered, but I had a bit of cleavage showing. This is my new favorite top. It was only $17.80 and it's a hand wash item. It worked very well on my date - an evening picnic at the park - and I felt very pretty.



Image credit: Forever21

No comments:

Post a Comment