Swell Hair, Swell Makeup, Swell Skin, Swell Style, Swell Smells, Swell Fitness, and Swell Guys.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Swell Style: The Latest "It" Bag

While reading my latest Who What Wear Daily newsletter, I discovered this fact - small satchels are in. Hhmm. Cool. I love an excuse to buy a new bag.


The ladies describe a small satchel as being, "Characterized by a boxy shape, flap silhouette, and ultra-long strap, these petite purses offer the ideal amalgam of ladylike grace and modern edge."

I used to carry a similar bag when my kids were little, but I did it more for comfort and ease of use than for fashion. I liked having a small bag, slung across my body, leaving my hands free for the multitude of baby accessories it's necessary to tote to and fro on a daily basis. I did pick a pretty cute bag, though. My girls used it for playing dress up later.

Here are a couple of ideas that I found for right around $20 at Forever21.


If you are looking for a super-casual bag, this Mini Canvas Satchel is a good bet at only $15.80.


This Leathertte Shoulder Bag comes in ivory or red. Lots of zippers and pockets to stash your keys, phone, or iPod. It retails for $20.80.

Image credit: Forever21

No comments:

Post a Comment