Swell Hair, Swell Makeup, Swell Skin, Swell Style, Swell Smells, Swell Fitness, and Swell Guys.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Swell Skin Care: Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Liquid Sunblock

Recently, I received a boat load of sunscreens to sample for review. I took advantage of a visit from my family to try out quite a few (still more to come). The kids come in various ages and skin tones - Chance, Sarah, and Trinity all have a medium to tan complexion, while Casey, Bailey, and I are prone to freckles and red noses after a day in the sun. (Seriously, we go out for a swim and it's like an hour in the sun has super-charged the freckles).


One of my favorite of the new products is Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer Liquid Sunblock SPF 55. It's thin and liquid, just as the name suggests. Super-easy to apply to a squirmy kid's face, but also great to apply before makeup. It basically disappears into the skin. No mask-feel, no glop, no sticky. Just good sun protection. No got a sunburn. No one broke out. Everybody who used it - grownups included - thought it was a great product.



The formula is waterproof, sweat-proof, non-comedogenic, oil-free, PABA free, and titanium dioxide free (so good for oily or skin prone to breakouts). It's made with Neutrogena's Helioplex technology and it's available in a SPF 55 and 70 formula.

I have more sunscreens to review, so stay tuned. So far the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Liquid is my favorite of the new sunscreens I've tried. If you want to see what I think of the Aveeno sun care line, take a look here.

*All products furnished to me for review by Neutrogena.

Image credit: Michelle Hamor Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment