Swell Hair, Swell Makeup, Swell Skin, Swell Style, Swell Smells, Swell Fitness, and Swell Guys.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Swell Guys: Eternity Aqua

Where do you stand on the subject of "flankers"? What is a flanker, you ask? Well, that is very easy to explain, dear reader, it's another fragrance in a series. Eternity Aqua Eau de Toilette is another fragrance in the Eternity for men series. Earlier in the year I looked at Eternity Summer for Gadabout Media. It was nice, but I think I prefer this newer version.


Eternity Aqua is an aquatic woody fragrance - the first of this type for Calvin Klein Fragrances. It's meant to invoke the following impressions or feelings: refined, cool, modern, easy-going confidence, sophisticated, and relaxed man.


I'm going to begin this review by saying that I am not a fan of cucumber notes (they make me feel a little nauseated, sort of like turned fruit) and right off the bat this fragrance throws cucumber at you. Fortunately, it's sharpened with the addition of notes like pepper and lavender. Then, it's grounded in a woody base - I'm a sucker for a woody men's fragrance. If I see the words cedar, sandalwood, patchouli, I know I'm going to like it.

After about 15 minutes, the cucumber note really started to stand out and I thought, hhm, maybe I don't like it after all. That's when the wood notes really started to do their thing. It has a freshness, this sort of breeze blowing over the woods (yes, I am aware of how corny that sounds, but it's my impression) that I really like. I would hand this one over to my man (although I'm currently man-less) and happily sniff his neck all day.

Top note: Chilled Cucumber, Citrus Cocktail, Water Lotus, Drenched Green Leaves
Middle note: Szechuan Pepper, Mirabelle, Lavender, White Cedarwood
Bottom note: Sandalwood, Guaiac Wood, Patchouli, Musks

This fragrance will be available after July 15, 2010 and will run $32 for an ounce, $50 for 1.7 oz, and $65 for 3.4 oz. You will be able to find it at department stores or online at Calvin Klein Fragrances.com

Image credit: Chase Your Bliss Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment