Swell Hair, Swell Makeup, Swell Skin, Swell Style, Swell Smells, Swell Fitness, and Swell Guys.

Monday, July 5, 2010

Swell Talk: Losing Weight, Meeting Goals, and Free Stuff!

Just a quick update..... Summer with the kids is a little distracting. Sorry!


*Due to sticking to my weekly running goal, I am now down 27 lbs. I started running in earnest (again) after barely completing what should have been a simple/easy/breezy 5K with my sister, Robin. I couldn't make myself run for very long - it was alarming. I checked my blood pressure, at the request of my good friend Scarlett, and found that I was edging into dangerous territory.

I made some easy changes to my diet and started with my 20 mile a week goal. I walked it until both my weight and blood pressure started dropping. Then, I stepped it up to 20 miles of running, which  is my current weekly goal. The running will never be easy for me, although some runs are easier than others, but I've found that it's really the only type of exercise that works this well for me.

I still have  a way to go, although skinny-mini is in no way my goal. I'm adding in a Pilates workout a few times a week and I lift weights 3 times a week.

*Losing weight has allowed me to dress in a wider variety of outfits - my clothes fit again. WooHoo! I enjoy dressing to make myself feel happy, but it does feel wonderful to hear compliments again.

*Today is the last day to take advantage of Victoria's Secret Free panty offer. The free panty is your choice of one of Lacie Thongs or one of the Pink All Lace Thongs. To qualify for the free offer, you need to purchase one of their push-up bras. 

*Big Beautyful Mess is running a giveaway. Do you like jewelry? Do you like diamond jewelry? You do? Then, this is the giveaway for you. Click here for full giveaway details. And good luck!


I hope you are enjoying your Summer, too!

Image credit: Chase Your Bliss Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment