Swell Hair, Swell Makeup, Swell Skin, Swell Style, Swell Smells, Swell Fitness, and Swell Guys.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Swell Smells: On Holiday From France, Oo La La

I love fragrance, it's right there in my gotta-have-it beauty trifecta...

*Soft skin
*Smell good
*Clean hair

The rest - makeup, fashion, accessories - that's just decoration. If you smell good and you feel good to people when they are close to you, you are going to both be and feel beautiful. Simple.

The people of Votre Vu sent me one of the new products from their On Holiday line to sample for review. It's a spray on body oil and it takes care of both the soft skin and the smelling good. Score! Other items in the line include a scrub, a gelee wash, and a body lotion.


I tried the On Holiday Huiler Pour Le Corps, a moisturizing body spray made with a variety of skin-loving, anti-oxidant oils including apricot kernel, sweet almond, grape, jojoba, and Vitamin E. I wasn't able to get the exact fragrance notes, it's a proprietary blend, but it smells very much like a Tyler Beach Blonde candle to me, which is described as, "a crisp invigorating scent reminiscent of sand, warm suntan oil and sea mist." It's hard to describe exactly, but it smells very much like a day on the beach - like my mom used to when I was a little girl. This is a good thing, my mom has always been a great beauty.

I've been using the spray oil after showering. It goes on fairly evenly, so it's great for applying to areas you can't normally reach - back, shoulders, etc. With a little smoothing, the formula is absorbed quickly, and you can go about your day. Here's a tip for ladies with long hair - the oils used in this product are great for smoothing frizzy or dry hair. After smoothing the oil along your arms or legs, when you've got just a light touch of left on your hands, comb your fingers gently through the ends of your hair. Best smelling anti-frizz product ever. Jojoba, grape seed, and Vitamin E oils are used regularly in hair care products.

Be careful where you apply the spray oil, the location I mean, because your floor will get seriously slippery. I've taken to standing on a bath towel, the over-spray washes out easily. Another thing, my bottle leaked in transit (which made for a great smelling box). I wish they'd seal the bottle better, perhaps with some sort of tamper-proof cover, and the shipped alongside, rather than already attached.

You can find the Votre Vu On Holiday line at Votre Vu.com.

Image credit: Michelle Hamor Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment