Swell Hair, Swell Makeup, Swell Skin, Swell Style, Swell Smells, Swell Fitness, and Swell Guys.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Swell Smells: DIY Bath Salts

I am training for a half marathon that I'll run in the beginning of October. I've never run a half marathon before. I've run quite a 10K and quite a few 5Ks. A 5K is a little less than what I do for a daily run - 3.1 miles. The half marathon is a distance of 13.1 miles.


To prepare for the half I've increased my mileage. An increase in mileage is good for my body, but at the same time, I sometimes run into trouble with my feet and my muscles. Ouch.


One of the easiest ways to ease sore muscles is with a relaxing soak in bath salts. I make it up myself - it's cheaper and I can control the fragrance better that way.

I use Lavender essential oil, but you can use whatever you prefer. Another good choice is a blend of citrus or Eucalyptus oils.

The food coloring is totally up to you. I usually make it without the color, but if you like you can color it to match your decor.

DIY Bath Salts

2 cups Sea Salt

2 cups Epsom Salt

15 drops essential oil of your choice

Food coloring, a few drops (optional)

Mix all ingredients in a bowl with a wooden spoon. Transfer to a container with a lid. Keep sealed when not in use.

To use: Add 1/4 cup salt to tub as it's filling. Grab a cold drink, a good book/magazine, and soak.

Image credit: Sxc.hu

No comments:

Post a Comment