Swell Hair, Swell Makeup, Swell Skin, Swell Style, Swell Smells, Swell Fitness, and Swell Guys.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Swell Fitness: Britney Spears and Her Candies Photos

Yesterday, I was clicking through some celebrity news and I saw the headline that had to do with Before and After shots of Britney Spear's new Candies promotional photos. Well, I'm a goofy Britney Spears fan, so I skipped over to Celebslam to see what they were talking about.



Celebslam has a .gif photo of Britney in a pink swimsuit with both a fuller and thinner version blinking back and forth. The before shot shows Britney with thicker legs and the tiniest shadows of possible cellulite.



In addition to this photo, there's a shot of Britney in a yellow swimsuit here. This shot, I don't know if it's a before or an after, it shows Britney with a little rounded tummy. I hope it's the shot they use. I feel that by altering photos that show the true shape of her body, a body most of us would love to have, that Candies is missing out on a great opportunity here. Why not give girls a more realistic view of what a healthy woman's body is supposed to look like?  I, for one, would feel more comfortable supporting a company like that.



Why is the world so set on trying to make Britney Spears out to be an overweight person? She is a girl with curves and muscular legs. Honestly, her shape is the one that I think of as my goal. I want those strong legs - I'm a runner, I appreciate some muscle. You can see what I mean in the photo below.

Britney Spears Loves Her Orange Soda?



I wish that someone, somewhere would stop saying, "We should change this," and actually CHANGE it. Real women have a bit of cellulite. Nobody loves their cellulite, but what if we shine a little light on it and move on? Make it a normal part of an ad campaign because it's a normal part of a woman's body.



Another request, how about more shots with the cute mohawk man, too. He's purdy.



What do you think of the Britney photo "controversy"?



Image credit: Picapp.com

2 comments:

  1. i love that she allowed us to see the before and after shots ... crazy huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that, too. I can understand covering things like bruises, but her shape is great.

    ReplyDelete