Swell Hair, Swell Makeup, Swell Skin, Swell Style, Swell Smells, Swell Fitness, and Swell Guys.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Swell Skin: Sebamed Soap-Free Cleanser

I was recently sent a bottle of Sebamed soap-free cleanser to try for review. Sebamed is intended for both face and body. It's formulated with a low pH, which makes it a great choice for anyone with sensitive skin.

The Science Behind Healthy Skin

Every sebamed product is meticulously formulated to a pH balance of exactly 5.5 - precisely the pH of healthy skin. This is essential in maintaining your skin's natural hydrolipid barrier against environmental stress. Any other pH level, such as found in soap may leave your skin open to break-down and deterioration. Discover what 150 clinical studies have already shown -- pH 5.5 is vital for healthy skin.


I have the bottle in my shower, where everyone in my family can get to it. It's intended for use on both the face and the body. It's very gentle and doesn't leave my face feeling dry or tight. My husband has a fair freckled complexion. He has a lot of trouble with soaps and washes irritating his skin - poor kid gets super-itchy. He's been using the Sebamed for a couple of weeks now and I've noticed a definite lack of itchiness. Sarah has 13-year-old skin and it's working great for her, too (no breakouts). 

Formulated with Vitamins B5, B3, B6, and H, Sebamed would also work well on a baby's sensitive skin. It reminds me a lot of the Phisoderm my mom used to get. Your skin feels clean, but comfortable after use. You can find more info here.



Image credit: SebamedUSA.com

No comments:

Post a Comment