Swell Hair, Swell Makeup, Swell Skin, Swell Style, Swell Smells, Swell Fitness, and Swell Guys.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Swell Fitness: Siskiyou Century

I'm a lapsed runner and a sometimes biker. I'd like to get back into both in the next month, as the weather starts cooling down around here (I'm in Northern California). My first goal will be completing the short leg - 37 miles - of the Siskiyou Century ride, which runs very close to my house.

I've found that having a goal helps to keep me on track.  I used to keep running notebooks, just your average cheapo single theme spiral-bound book, and I'd staple my race numbers inside. It felt good to keep a running count of my mileage, thinking, wow, that's almost all the way to Sacramento, etc. 

One of the easiest ways to keep track is DailyMile.com.  I've probably mentioned it before, but that's because I find it to be a great tool. You can connect it with your Twitter and Facebook account which I find helps to keep me accountable as well as helping to connect me with friends who have similar interests.

Are you active?  If so, what motivates you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment