Swell Hair, Swell Makeup, Swell Skin, Swell Style, Swell Smells, Swell Fitness, and Swell Guys.

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Swell Smells: Absinthe Sucre Perfume

Back in the day, I worked for a blogging network as a perfume reviewer. Oh man, did I love that job. Free perfume, fancy-pants free perfume, and then I got to write about it.

I have to say, that much of it smelled very similar after awhile. Especially when it comes to many of the celebrity scents (sweet, sweet, sweet, candy-sweet).  I love to find something that smells spicy or woody or smoky. I was poking around Etsy today and I happened upon Absinthe Sucre Perfume.  It's billed as sweet, but there are just enough spicy notes to catch my interest. I'm definitely going to order this one in the near future.


Notes: Fennel, Anise, Wormwood, Cream, Carmelized Sugar, Vanilla, Tobacco, White Musk

Here's a quote from the Perfumer....

La Fée Verte... We all know her tawdry history. Her popularity among all classes of imbibers, from aristocrat to the bohemian set, from bourgeois to the poorest of the working class. Her rise, her fall... her branding as a "ferocious beast", a "slayer of men"... and now, her rise again.

My interpretation of this beloved verdant elixir is The Green Fairy on a sugar binge....

You can find Absinthe Sucre Perfume Oil at the Midnight Gypsy Shop. It's only $12 for a 7.5 ml vial.

Image credit: Midnight Gypsy at Etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment