Swell Hair, Swell Makeup, Swell Skin, Swell Style, Swell Smells, Swell Fitness, and Swell Guys.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Swell Makeup: Mineral Eye Shadow

I've mentioned before that I'm teaching my youngest daughter, Sarah, about makeup. She's been allowed to wear a bit ever since she turned 12. I did her eye makeup before school yesterday. I want to show her colors that work well with her hazel eyes.




A year or so ago, I purchased two sets of mineral eye shadow from Pink Quartz. One was a shimmery dress-up kit and the other was a matte set. I'm not sure if she still sells them this way, but you can see the colors used in the brighter set here. To do Sarah's look, I used a matte peach and I lined with an olive color. She loved how it turned out. If you want a more dramatic look, simple use more shadow or wet your brush before applying.


When you use a mineral shadow to line your eyes, use an angled liner brush, and instead of "drawing" along the lash line "push" the color in. If you try to draw it, the powder tends to spread and land on your cheeks.

I recently had the opportunity to try the Cowgirl Dirt* line of mineral shadows. You could do a similar look with their Copper and Cactus shades. If you prefer a smoky eye, try the Midnight. It's a deep navy color that also makes a great liner.

Tomorrow, I've got a new mineral makeup to share with you. It's a line designed my a teenage girl. How cool is that?

*Product sample furnished to reviewer.

Image credit: Chase Your Bliss Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment